BSc (Hons) Speech and Hearing Sciences
MA (Chinese Linguistics)
MPhil (Speech and Hearing Sciences)
Winnie was a graduate of the Division. She has been worked as a speech therapist in Hong Kong for more than 18 years in both paediatrics and adult settings. She is specialized in communication rehabilitation for clients with hearing impairment, autistic spectrum disorders (ASD), and cerebral palsy.
She has a special interest in developing social communication training programmes for preschool children with ASD and early literacy programmes for enhancing children’s preliteracy skills. In the recent years, she participated actively in services that support the management of communication problems in school-age children and feeding problems in elderly clients with multiple disabilities.
- Cheung, K.Y., Leung, M.T., and McPherson, B. (2013). Reading Strategies of Chinese Students with Severe to Profound Hearing Loss, Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, 18(3), 312-328.doi.: 10.1093/deafed/ent013.
- 張嘉恩, 馮春好, 鄭韻怡, 忻嘉俐, 黎鄭東玲 (2010). 打好語文基礎必勝秘笈1. 香港耀能協會 [Cheung, K.Y., Fung C. H., Cheng, W. Y., Yan K.L., Lai Cheng, D. L. (2010). Early Literacy Program 1. Hong Kong: SAHK.]
- 孫慧敏, 馮春好, 鄭韻怡, 忻嘉俐, 黎鄭東玲, 張嘉恩 (2010). 打好語文基礎必勝秘笈2.香港耀能協會 [Sun, W.M., Fung C. H., Cheng, W. Y., Yan, K.L., Lai, Cheng, D. L., & Cheung, K. Y. (2010). Early Literacy Program 2. Hong Kong: SAHK. ]
- 張嘉恩, 吳玉薇 (2000). 訓練自閉症幼兒之視覺策略運用手冊. 香港痙攣協會 [Cheung, K.Y. & Ng, Y. M. (2000). Visual Strategies for ASD preschool children. Hong Kong: SAHK.]
- Cheung, K.Y. (2009). Early Literacy Intervention Program in Special Child Care Center. Poster presented at the International Conference on Reading and Writing: Updates on Managing Dyslexia, Hong Kong.
- Cheung, K.Y., Leung, M.T., McPherson, B. (2009). Is the Phonological Mediation Hypothesis applicable in Cantonese speaking students with hearing impairment? Poster presented at the International Conference on Reading and Writing: Updates on Managing Dyslexia, Hong Kong