The fees and service details for 1) Hearing services and 2) Speech, Language, and Swallowing services are listed separately below.
- The Hearing Clinic is a teaching and research clinic. All the hearing assessments are conducted by qualified audiologists and/or postgraduate students under the supervision of qualified and experienced audiologists.
- Based on the hearing assessment results, the audiologist may recommend clients with hearing loss to use an appropriate assistive device (e.g., hearing aids) or refer them to appropriate medical settings (e.g., ear, nose and throat doctors) to receive detailed medical check-up for ear problems.
- Because the Hearing Clinic is for teaching and research purposes, students and their supervisors may be observed in an adjacent observation room. The information obtained will be used for teaching and research only. The staff and students of the clinic keep all client information in strict confidence.
- If you cannot attend a pre-arranged appointment, please call us at 39170789 to change the date.
- If you have any queries about our hearing assessment service or if you are considering hearing aids, please call us at 39170789 for details of our service.
|Supervised Student Clinic||Specialist Clinic|
|General Hearing Evaluation|
|Elderly (65 yr or older)||$400||$800|
|Adult/ Older children||$600||$1200|
|Children (6 yrs or younger)||$900||$1800|
The above charges are subject to change. If other assessment or service is required, there will be an additional charge.
Length and frequency of sessions: Therapy is usually scheduled once a week for 45 minutes. When needed, a more frequent therapy schedule may be recommended.
Type of sessions: Typically, therapy is conducted on a one-on-one basis, although group therapy can be recommended.
Parents’ and Caregivers’ participation in therapy is strongly encouraged.
Observation: As a teaching clinic, students, teaching and clinical staff from the Unit of Human Communication, Development and Information Sciences may observe the assessment and therapy sessions behind a one-way mirror or through the video recording streaming system. This arrangement is a routine practice of our teaching clinic.
Fees for our Specialist Clinic are:
|Type of session||Duration||Fees|
|Individual therapy||45 minutes||HK$1200|
Fees for our Supervised Student Clinic are:
|Type of session||Duration||Fees|
|Individual therapy||45 minutes||HK$300|
The above charges are subject to change.
- Upon presentation of a staff card, the children or the spouse of a HKU staff member may be given a 20% discount of the regular fee.
- Upon presentation of the “Certificate of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Recipients (CSSA) (for Medical Waivers)”, you may be given a 90% discount of the regular fee for Supervised Student Clinic.
- You may obtain a written copy of your, or your child’s, assessment or progress report from the student clinic at a cost of $500 per copy and from the specialist clinic at a cost of $1500.
- Personal cheque
- MasterCard or Visa
We have a waiting list for our services and we recommend prompt attendance of all scheduled appointments.
For better therapy progress, we encourage attendance of all sessions. If you cannot attend a session as scheduled, please notify us 5 working days in advance. If you are sick, please notify us before the session starts and provide a medical certificate in the next session. Refund for prepaid session(s) is only available for clients who have provided us with an adequate reason for the absent session(s) (e.g., a school notice and a medical certificate).
Please note that, in a therapy block, if you:
- fail to attend two scheduled appointments without giving us an advance notice or supporting documents.
We will not be able to offer you further appointments. We will have to place you on the waiting list until the next opening is available.
With effect from 01 September 2022.